What: Vintage VW Show focussing on pre 03/1955 VW Buses
When: 19-20 May, 2018
Where: Amersfoort, the Netherlands
Looking back at 2014... oh man, that was a brilliant, stressful, awesome and memorable weekend! Working on the 2018 edition al ready, have to say it's not easy, a lot of things changed or are changing at the show area but we are proud to anounce the date for the 2nd edition. This will take place on 19-20 May, 2018 be there!
Stay tuned on the website as we will try to give updates and info as soon as we can! - www.BenPon.nl
"The original idea for the T1 van or Volkswagen Type 2 came from the Dutch Volkswagen importer Ben Pon, who drew the first sketches of the van on April 23, 1947." Ben Pon lived and worked in Amersfoort, the Netherlands. In 1947, Pon's Automobielhandel ("Pon's Car Dealership"), became the first dealer outside of Germany to sell vehicles manufactured by Volkswagen. There is still a lot of VW history out here and that's why Amersfoort is the perfect location to bring these Barndoor splitbuses together!
The concept of this show is to bring together as many as possible Barndoor VW Buses - VW Bus until 03/1955 - from all over Europe!
Besides these Barndoors other aircooled vintage Volkswagens are welcome as well. They will be parked on the event area but separate from the Barndoor busses as these is the main focus of this event!
- VW Barndoor Buses until 03/1955 on the main square!
- Volkswagen Type 2 / Splitbuses up to 1967
- Volkswagen Beetles, KdF-Wagen up to 1957
- Type 128 and 166 VW Schwimmwagen
- Type 82 VW Kübelwagen 1940 - 1945
- Coachbuilt bodies on a VW chassis up to 1967
- Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Type 14 up to 1959
- Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Type 34 up to 1969
- Volkswagen Type 3 1500 + 1500S up to 1965